So you had a good solid workout session and the next morning, your muscles are so sore you can barely walk! Watch this video through & follow the tips to prevent and ease post-workout muscle soreness so that you can train stronger for longer!
Joanna Soh is a certified Personal Trainer (ACE), Women’s Fitness Specialist (NASM) and Nutrition Coach (Venice Nutrition). These 7 tips are rock solid and are exactly what I do when I am suffering from DOMS.
You can also try these as well
- drink a cup of coffee before your workout. Coffee is believed to increase muscle strength and endurance.
- eat a low fat, high carb pre workout snack that has some protein
- warm up and cool down from your workout. It’s not just good for your muscles but also your heart
- stay hydrated
- have snack with a 4:1 ration carbs to protein after your workout [chocolate milk totally fits this ratio ;)]
- take a cold shower after your workout but before your long waarm soak the cold will help with the inflammation.
IMPORTANT! When you experience DOMS, the goal is to increase blood flow into your muscles and relieve the feeling of tightness.